Quantum Leap

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 | by Olivia | Labels: , |

I'm not a huge fan of New Year's resolutions, only because I have a tendency to be over zealous and set lofty goals that never really seem to pan out.  But, along with so many others, I'm hoping to continue to work on being healthy and getting into shape in 2011.  As to not get caught up in the numbers game, I'm planning to use a Quantum Scale to help me stay motivated.


I usually hate scales, and avoid them at all costs.  But after reading about this one in Women's Health, I'm giving it a shot.  What's nice is that this scale doesn't actually show your weight, rather you weigh in once at the beginning, and then after that, you get an update your total weight lost/gained, as a way to keeping your mind focused on the smaller goals, versus getting caught up in that scary three-digit number that pops up whenever you hop on.  I did a ton of research before deciding on this option, and it's definitely not for everyone (for instance, it only tracks one person's progress, so it wouldn't be helpful for a couple or family). 

I'm hoping it will work for me.  I'm going to set small goals every month, and see how it goes.  Between running and (trying) to eat healthier, I'm hoping I'll strike a good balance.

Here's to 2011 :-)

1 comment:

Mrs. Foot said...

That is a *really* good idea. Seriously! You find the best stuff :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails