Shutter Bugged

Sunday, May 2, 2010 | by Olivia | Labels: , , |

It's been a hot weekend here in D.C.  We've had 90-degree weather both days -- and it's barely May! Hopefully this doesn't mean we're in for a rough summer.

So, I'm officially obsessed with my new camera.  I'm fairly sure my neighbors are tired of my creeperish behavior outside... I've been roaming around taking pictures of random things like cracks in sidewalks, signs, and flowers.  People think I'm crazy.  But nobody's more tired of my paparazzi behavior than Cooper.  He's had enough of me telling him to "sit pretty" for the camera.  Poor kid. 

Here's are some of the shots I've taken thus far:

This one turned out pretty well!  Typical Cooper face.


Focused in on the bush instead of the flowers, but I still like all the colors in this one.


Not really sure why I took a picture of this sign, but I got the focus right!


Way too saturated, but I still like it.

As you can tell, I'm still trying to figure all the camera settings out, and learning what lighting works best, and how to focus in on different things and get that "blurry" background (don't you love how technical I sound?).

I decided to take a quick photography workshop offered by Arlington County, which will start in a couple weeks.  Hopefully that will help me fine tune my skills! 

More to come :)

xoxo,
Olivia

3 comments:

City Girl Eats said...

LOVE the pics! You are already getting the hang of it :)

Mrs. Foot said...

Those are **great** for someone who just got a dSLR! You're well on your way!

Stacy said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway! Your doggy Cooper is sooo cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails